Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stents and prayers

Hello all- Well everything went smooth today. I was a bit nervous prior to the procedure and talked to the doctor about the stents, if they were absolutely necessary. He did feel like I needed the stents, especially because of the previous concern of kidney failure in my left kidney. SO, I did get both of the ureteral stents replaced. It went well, they gave me a little happy medicine, wheeled me in, I got onto the table, they gave me the gas mask and medicine and I was fast asleep. Next thing I know, I am awake in the waiting room asking to go to the bathroom, which the nurse blew off, and went on to take care of another person (this has happened more than once, i think they think I just FEEL like i have to go, but I really have to go). So I grabbed the next nurse that came by and said, I HAVE to go, so she brought the bed pan right in time, whew, that was a close one. When I told Doug about this, he said, next time just pee the bed, I said, NO, not if I can help it.
Anyway, I felt good afterwards, but I think after the anesthesia wore off, this afternoon, I started to have some more pain. Not as bad though as before, so hopefully this will be brief pain from the placement and manipulation then my body will adjust and I will be pain free for awhile!
A couple of you asked about Chris Ireland and the girls, to be honest I don't know too much and do not feel that it is my place to comment about much. I did give a brief update about Jan (Jen's mom, I do talk to her from time to time) but I don't talk to Chris much. I did say "hi" to him and he said the girls are doing well, they are growing up fast he said, going on 18. So that is all I know and will say about that.
Kelley, we will pray for your daughters friend and the baby and the family. It is times like that that make it difficult to understand where God is and what the plan is, but we do have to trust him even though we are angry and can't possibly understand!
I feel like there was something else I wanted to comment on...let me look back at the posts. I think that is all for now. Ella's daycare is on vacation the rest of the week, so she and I will get to hang out more. My mom is going to help me out a bit tomorrow so that will help. I have to brag a bit about my girl. She is so amazing. I know every person's child is amazing, but even the daycare talked to me about how good she is for 2 with puzzles and other games/projects, organizing, categorizing, etc. We do puzzles at home and I have been amazed at how good she is with them for her age. I wasn't sure if this was normal, but I think she is a bit ahead in that area. She also has such a great memory. I talked about the hospital briefly this morning and she asked if I was going to have a tube in my nose, that might be because we scared her when she came to see me in the hospital in March for my surgery. But she also noticed this morning a school bus and said, mommy that is a short busy, where is the longer bus, I thought that was pretty darn observant. okay, enough bragging. A momma has to brag once in awhile, right. She is getting better about her fits and attitude, but still can bring it out once in awhile. Good night all. Sleep well in this wonderful weather. Thank you God for this day and everyday we are here. I pray that my prayer warriors have a great day tomorrow, stay positive, happy and healthy! I pray for all those going through treatment for cancer or other illnesses, all the people who are suffering a loss of a loved one. Thank you God for all the people who read my blog and have come into my life to support me silently or not. shawndra

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawndra,

I was so glad to read that everything went smoothly with your procedure. I hope that you continue to feel better every day and that you have no pain. I look forward to talking to you sometime soon once you have recooperated. Enjoy the beautiful weather!
Jennifer Teegarden

Anonymous said...

Shawndra,
I hope your pain continues to improve. I am praying for you and your family. Also, Do you know if Bone Marrow Transplant is used for patients with colon cancer?
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Shawndra;

I heard about a new book out today called "Crazy, Sexy Cancer Survivor" written by a woman your age called Kris Carr, who has been diagnosed with stage IV cancer ; she was on "Good Morning America." She seemed to be very inspirational,beautiful and funny, and reminded me of you! I wondered if you might be inspired by reading her book.We send you all our positive energy from Portland, and we`re hoping to see you in October at Amy`s wedding. Anthea

Anonymous said...

Dear Shawndra,
I'm always reading your blog and praying for you.
Just wanted you to know that!
I'm in a Bible study on Job right now and Job was "held" by God when everything seemed to be lost. You are also "held" by God's everlasting arms and from reading your blog, what a spiritiual journey you have been on as you develop Godly character.
Blessings to you and God's healing!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

praying for you. always. thanks for staying on top of this blog.

stassen

jenni said...

Hi Shawndra! It's been a long time! I have missed you so much and followed your journey! Your attitude is very inspiring and I wish we were in touch! I pray and hope your days are joyful and hopefully I can talk to you soon! Love, Jenni

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

We hope your feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always. Have a wonderful weekend with your friends and family. Keep Believing!!!

The Mudge Family

Anonymous said...

I have found out about you through Stephanie Vest. I keep looking at your blog and pray for your good health.

St. Louis is praying for you

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're doing so well.
Love,
Roswita

Anonymous said...

Hope this finds you feeling better by the day.
Of course you are pround of Ella, she's a doll! It is such a great thing to be able to watch our kids learn and grow, enjoy every min. as it goes by so quickly.
Thanks for the added prayers for the 2 families that lost children last week, both were such unexpected events and ones that will change their families forever.

Anonymous said...

Shawndra--keeping you all in my prayers and check on your blog often!

Your daughter is growing so fast--what a cutie!

Jill R

Anonymous said...

I told you Ella was a genius!!! :) I hope you have been feeling well since the procedure and are getting excited about your BIG adventure! My dad heads to Athens for business, tomorrow, so I'm sure he will warn them that the crazy Beauchamps and Turners are on their way. I think everyone now knows you are in town when they see a red head shaking her booty and telling people to look at it! ;)

Take care.

Love, d