Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Doctor, Doctor

Hello- I am back from my trip to Seattle. It was great to see my cousin and Ella got to play with her cousins. Thank you Leanne, Rick and girls for a great trip! Ella was very excited about flying and didn't want to leave her cousin sisters, as she called them. I didn't have time to get on the computer to let you all know that I found out my CEA from last week went up to 10.9. I am not trying to get worried about it, but I do have an appointment today with my oncologist, so we will see what he has to say. I have been having more pain than usual so that is a bit concerning but again, trying not to worry at this point. I actually need to go for my appointment now so I will let you all know how it goes. Thank you for continuing to pray for me. Even though I haven't been blogging as much I am still here, fighting every day. Today I am a bit emotional, I don't know if I am just down because all the activity is over for now or what. agh,, emotions! gotta run. talk to you all soon, i promise. love, shawndra

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawndra,

I'm happy to hear that your Seattle trip was fun, and that Ella did well with the trip. Cousin sisters...I love that! :)

I'm sorry that you are having more pain, though, and that you are worried about your CEA level...I hope things stablize and you are feeling better soon. You know that you are in my prayers everyday for complete healing and good health.

I wanted to tell you that I had a big fundraiser in your honor last Saturday night. Over 65 people attended a neighborhood progressive dinner, and we raised almost $1500 for colon cancer research at Sloan-Kettering. I am happy to say that I have, altogether, raised about $4200, surpassing my goal of $3000! I now hope to raise $5000 by the time the marathon rolls around in November.

I had made a poster with pictures of you and Doug and Ella, so that people at the party knew who I was running for...I had so many people comment on how they have been following your blog and praying for you, so that makes me happy, too.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers this week, as always. I hope you get some answers from your oncologist on the pain, and that you are feeling better soon.

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

MY cea WENT UP FROM 9 TO 21. DO YOU THINK THIS IS AWAYS A SIGN OF CANCER?

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize for not posting often. We are all still in your corner, rooting you on to the victory circle with daily prayers. May the visit today offer a simple solution to your pain and elevated levels. I cannot imagine what always wondering whats next is like. All with the usual "girl" emotions too! But I know that you have a wonderful support base that branches out farther than you could imagine as well as faith that things will be as they are meant to be. Happy you made it home safe, had a great visit, and brought back the sunshine! Not that Seattle is notorious for sun. Anyway, looks like a beautiful week ahead so get outside, enjoy family time and try not to worry too much.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a GREAT trip,and are home safely. Please keep us updated. You have many, many readers out here praying for you. Keep us posted.
Take care -
Jess in Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! I'm so glad you all had a great trip and it is neat to hear Ella is bonding with her cousins.
I'm anxious to what the fast-talking doc has to say!! Please do update us ASAP.
Emotions are a bitch, but that is why you have family and friends - you can lean on us on those days you are down and we will pick you up!

Take care and keep us posted.

Love, d

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip to Seattle with your family. Keep Believing Shawndra!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

The Mudge Family