Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seattle bound

Hey everyone- I hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend with the girls from college was incredible. We just laid around and laughed all weekend about old times. We all brought our old photo albums from college, to sum that up... "what were we thinking?" Was sloppy in at the time or was that just us? I wouldn't take it back though! Great memories and great friends. I will try to post a picture in the near future my beautiful girls!
Thank you all who are praying for Stephanie Vest. I do not know her personally but got an email from a friend about her. It sounds like she is progressing a little but is still critical so please keep up the prayers.
I finished my week of chemo pills last night, yaaa! I did well, little fatigue a bit of an upset stomach yesterday but otherwise I did fine. I got bloodwork done yesterday, with my CEA which I will hopefully find out today what it is. I have had more pain in my back lately which has concerned Doug and I a bit. We hope it is just the stents that need to be replaced, which I am having done on September 23rd.
Ella was just sitting on my lap while I typed this blog. Now she is off, so I can type a bit better.
Ella and I, along with my mother and grandmother (95) is going to Seattle today to visit my cousin and her family consisting of 3 girls. So Ella will have lots of fun playing with them. They are all around her age so hopefully that will keep her entertained and we can all just hang out together, without too much stress. Doug is staying here, he doesn't have enough work days to take off, which I am sad he isn't going, but understand. (Now I got kicked out of my chair by Ella, so I am standing, leaning over her typing.) What mothers are able to do! I better go before everything is out of my desk and all over everywhere. Have a good week! I hope you all are doing well! Suite 3, thanks for a great weekend and your frienship! Shawndra

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem in great spirits! I am so glad you had a great weekend with the girls and are now off to visit family.

I will continue to pray for you and Stephanie Vest.

We need to find a cure for these aweful diseases!!!

Take care
Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for hosting us, Shawndra! I miss you girls already and I'm praying for you daily.

Enjoy the trip and have safe travels!

Love,
dawner

Anonymous said...

What great fun to catch up on old times! Funny how what we thought was "fashionable" suddenly looks like "YIKES". We all have those photos, as will our kids.....
Enjoy the Seattle trip, that is such beautiful country. Tell Mom and Grandma hello from all of us.
I continue to read about Stephanies progress, what scary times for her and her family. I noticed that one of her posts was from a friend of mine, what a small world. We will continue to keep them all in our prayers, along with you and yours! With all this medical nonsense it is so difficult to understand sometimes WHY. But it's not for me to question, but to just offer support, so that is what I will try to do.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad all of your college friends were able to visit last weekend. There is no replacement for old friends!
I hope you and the Jansen Ladies have a wonderful trip to Seattle and that Ella does well on the plane for all of you.
That is sad news about Stephanie Vest. However, I just watched Stand Up 4 Cancer and it was awesome! I had tears of hope during it!!

Hope to see you soon.

Love, d

Jess said...

I read your every post, but don't get a chance to comment as much as I'd like! Hope you ahve a wonderful trip and you and your family continue to be in my prayers. YOU WILL, AND ARE, BEATING THIS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME AND TALK WITH SUCH GOOD HUMOR AND STRENGTH.
WE GO ON PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU, AND ALL SICK PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, WHO ALL DESERVE TO BE WITHOUT PAIN OR SUFFERING, ALL PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR HOMES IN HAITI AND ALL WHO ARE EVACUATING RIGHT NOW FROM GALVESTON.
MAY THEY ALL FEEL THAT GOD IS AT THEIR SIDE AND WILL GIVE THEM STRENGHT TO ENDURE THEIR LIFE CHALLENGE.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

LOVE,

Roswita

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun with the girls and I'm glad you all finally got together! Have fun in Seattle-give Ella a hug for me! Miss ya-I'll be in Chicago when you get back but maybe we can get together after that.

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

I am glad you had a wonderful weekend with your friends from college. Those are some of the best times in life. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. Keep Believing!

We will pray for Stephanie Vest in our prayers.

The Mudge Family

Anonymous said...

I just read about your story and am praying for you. I am a friend of Stephanie Vest and it is awesome how your friends have joined in to pray for her. I will continue to pray for both of you.