Thursday, August 7, 2008

4th Anniversary!

Hey everyone- This day four years ago, I was putting on my wedding gown, getting my hair and makeup done and getting ready to walk down the aisle with my mother and father into the arms of Doug Turner to say those simple but powerful words "I do". It was an incredible day. We had an amazing wedding which was just the beginning of an incredible relationship. I believe that God prepared me for this challenge in my life by bringing into my life a man who will love me literally "For better or worse". He then made sure we were secure, Doug joined Sourcecorp who has been a great company to work for and so understanding with our circumstances. They have been incredible to us! God then gave us the opportunity to be pregnant, which was not quite planned that quickly anyway, but came at the perfect time and brought us a beautiful daughter. I used to question my faith, God,and Jesus. I know see how God has worked in my life to prepare me for the challenge I face with cancer.
I have had tremendous guilt that Doug has to be a part of this illness and has to financially support me and my disease. He has been nothing but loving, caring and nurturing throughout our 4 years of marriage. We have obviously had our share of challenges in these few years together. Sometimes such a situation can pull people apart. I think we have only gotten closer. We have definitely had our differences and our arguments, we are not perfect, no one is. But I am so blessed and thank God every day for bringing Doug into my life. He is my best friend,my husband, lover (hehe)and everything I could ask for. Thank you Doug for a wonderful 4 years of marriage. I look forward to growing old with you and sharing many more anniversaries, many more memories and many more challenges. I love you, Doug! Thank you for your unconditional love! I am blessed to have all of you in my life as well. God has brought you all into my life for a reason and I thank him daily for each of you who have touched my life! Shawndra

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both! It's ahrd to believe it has already been four years. ENJOY

Anonymous said...

Shawndra & Doug,

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a great time celebrating your special day together. You are both so blessed to have each other!


Jennifer Teegarden MD

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Turners!

May you be blessed with many more to come~

Best,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Doug and Shwandra

God brought you together for a reason.
You promised each other to each other.
For better or worse.
You've been up to quite large challenges.

I will never forget Shwandra walking into the wedding party and having all the red roses thrown on her never ending smiling face.

Go on smiling to each other, while you have each other.
Take pictures.
In many years from now, with God's help you'll be able to look back together into the hard times, and with a smile remember how close you became, how much you learnt, how you improved your relations hip, and go on improving as human beings, being an example to many couples.

Much love,
Roswita

Team Piggott said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. How wonderful...4 yrs does seem like a lifetime. With God's guidance, you will DEFINITELY have many more! Just wait until you hit 9 like Antwan and I. hehe. I completely forgot to tell Doug Happy Anniv. when I spoke with him yesterday. So I'm making up for it. I hope to see you soon. We definitely have to have you over after the house if finished. I'm sure Micah would LOVE to have Ella over to play. Besides, I still owe her a gift or 2!

Love you much!
Roseanda

Astraea said...

Happy Anniversary! Four year behind you and a lifetime ahead of you! May God bless this days for both of you. I hope you get to go out on a special date. :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many, many more together. :)

nancygrayce said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes, He plans everything!