Thursday, September 20, 2007

Super Dad

I am dragging today. I got my pump off but all day I have been out of it. I took a different kind of sleeping pill last night, and it made me so groggy when I woke up and I haven't gotten out of it all day. I am just really tired and this morning I had quite a bit of abdominal pain. I think it is just constipation, just a really good BM could solve all my problems, hehe.
I am so blessed to have Doug, who has come home from a long day at work to mow the back yard, while watching Ella (with the help of Ed and Libby, Doug's brother-in-law and niece), then he gave Ella a bath and now he is at the store. Isn't he wonderful! I am also so thankful to my mom who drops everything she is doing at a moments notice if I need her. Today, I took Ella to gymnastics but wasn't feeling well, as I described above, I called my mom and she met me there to help out with Ella. It is amazing what just an extra person there to help can do. I am so blessed to have them as well as the rest of my family. One of my friends, Angie, who just moved back from doing some travel nursing is coming to live with us for a few months. Ella absolutely loves "Gi Gi" who actually babysat Ella when I went back to work after maternity leave. I think it will be really good to have her here, for both of us, we can help her out and she can help us out. Anyway, I wanted to get something out before the weekend. I will be helping my mother out tomorrow. Thank you Krissy (Doug's sister) for watching Ella tomorrow so I can care for my mother. Please keep her in your prayers as well as Doug's Papa who just had surgery this week for tongue cancer. Lots going on, it is never a dull moment in my life anymore, it seems.
I hope the Jennifer Ireland Golf Tournament on Saturday is a huge success. I am hoping to go and volunteer but it all depends on how I am feeling. I need to lay low to save my energy, but this is a very hard task for me to sit and watch everyone else do everything. I don't like it one bit. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I guess enjoy the warmth while we have it, I am hoping it cools off after this! Good night everyone. Shawndra

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawndra,

Hope you, Doug & Ella have a wonderful weekend and that you get plenty of rest and relaxation. Thanks for reminding us all to appreciate all the people in our lives who support us and love us, especially during difficult times. Know that many prayers are being sent you way!

Jennifer Teegarden

Anonymous said...

Shawndra, missed you at the cancer center today, more fluid for me. Ugh!. I hope you are feeling good and can come out to the tournament and I hope Doug can play. My husband and I are planning on volunteering as long as possible and hoping we can hop in a cart after volunteering and tool around the course watching everyone and taking pics!

Anonymous said...

Last post was Christy Harrell. Forgot to post my name.

Anonymous said...

A live in friend, and a nurse at that....sounds like a great set up! We will keep your mom inour thoughts and prayers tomorrow as she goes through her surgery, as well s the days to follow with recovery. She's a tough cookie and will be back on her feet before you know it! Give her the extra TLC she deserves while she's down, she can't refuse when she can't catgh you! Let us know if we can help out, either with you and your family or with your Mom. Have a great weekend.

Paulette said...

Hey Shawndra,
I have been following very closely with your writings.
I am praying for you every day and always check to see how you are.
I especially pray that this round of chemo will do a complete job and that you feel well enough to be with Ella as much as you would like.
May the Lord bless you and your sweet husband and daughter.

Astraea said...

Husbands are amazing. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. How's your mom?

Roswita said...

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL KEEPING UP WITH THE LAST WEEK'S EVENTS I LEARNT TRHOUGH ANDREA. I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE'RE ALWAYS HAVING YOU ALL IN OUR PRAYERS. YOU'RE ALL MAKING IT, MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN ANY ONE OF US WHOSE LIFE CHALLENGE IS MUCH EASIER THAN FIGHTING FOR LIFE. GO ON SHWANDRA, YOU'RE MAKING IT. LOVE,ROSWITA

Anonymous said...

Shawndra- I haven't talked to you in a while- but you are in my thoughts throughout every day. I hope you are feeling better- hydrate up/juice? We will continue to lift you up in our prayers. I know you are such a "doer", keep letting others do for you, you deserve it. I am so glad Doug is such a find. ! I just have to tell you. You make me want to be a better person. I admire all your strength and courage, spirit and faith. Go get 'em girl! I love you. Adriane and boys