Hey everyone- Well, are you curious about my title to this blog? I wrote it because yesterday I was on my own with Ella. I tried to be a normal person again, doing the day to day things. I did laundry, washed the sheets, did dishes, picked up, watered the flowers out front, got up in the morning and got cleaned up before Ella woke up, prepared a dreamdinners meal. It doesn't seem like much but with Ella running around and doing that, I was completely exhausted last night. I thought I was sick when I went to bed, my whole body ached, my throat hurt when I swallowed and I was just physically exhausted. I even had a slight temperature. I was so proud of myself for doing things on my own (my mom not there with me). But after all that I didn't have any energy for anything else. By the time dinner was done and a little cleaning up of dishes, I had to plop on the couch pretty much until I went to bed. I think I have underestimated how much my mother and others help when they come over. I thought, well I still do most things even though my mom is with me, but she helps me so I don't get so exhausted and still have some energy for when Doug comes home. Thank you mom, and everyone else who helps me so much. Thank you Vicki, my mother-in-law, for your help this morning so I could take my time and get ready and not worry about Ella.
I did get to see a friend, Adrianne, yesterday who came over with her son to play. That was great to see her.
On another note, I did get preliminary results of my PET/CT scan. They look pretty good. There is no appearance of the previous pulmonary emboli in my lungs, there is no new concerns as far as metastasis. I am not sure about the cancer in my omentum, it looks like it may be unchanged but there was a statement in the report that says that area may be scarring or "stunning" from chemo. I will meet with my oncologist monday to see what his interpretation is of all this. I think though, this is good news. I am hoping I will have my CEA (tumor marker)redrawn on Monday as well. Thank you all for your prayers, they are helping!!!!! God is working on this miracle because he has so much pressure from all of you, he doesn't want to let all of us down, right!
Thank you for everyone's words of encouragement these past few days. Probably 99% of the time I am upbeat and don't think about the negative, but the other 1% of the time, something pops in to my head, or I read things that bring about the negative. Not to worry, I am still fighting with all I have and still doing pretty well, I must say.
I better rest while Ella is sleeping. I am leaving the unfolded laundry on the bed, the sheets to the spare room in a pile on the bed and going to lay down in my bed. Ella and I are going with my sister's family to Baldwin City today to see Thomas the Train and ride the train. That should be very fun. Otherwise this weekend, we have no set plans which is nice... just house stuff to do, as usual.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the sun while we have it and the rain while we have it too. Round 9 of chemo is Monday along with my doctor's appointment. I will let you know how everything goes.
Today is a gift, shawndra