Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Round 6

Well, I had my procedure monday morning then Doug dragged my groggy tush to chemo where I slept quite a bit until I got out of the anesthesia funk. The nurses were teasing me, Doug brought an eye mask with us so I could sleep better at chemo. They were calling me princess because of it. Everything went well, no complications. This afternoon I was a bit tired. Ella and I had a pajama day, which was kind of nice. I am still in my pajamas as I write. I love those days. We got to try out one of the meals I made at DreamDinners the other night. It was a hit with my husband, so I was happy. (He can be picky sometimes).

We had a great weekend getaway saturday. Doug and I got to layout on the dock, go for a boatride, lay in the hammock, fish and drink a pitcher of strawberry margaritas (my absolute favorite). It was wonderful. Sunday evening, we had pictures taken with Ella and her cousins on Doug's side. They took great pictures and we had a fun evening at cheesecake factory after that.

I go tomorrow to get my pump off. That gives me a feeling of freedom, when I have the pump I feel a bit bogged down. I am glad I only have it a couple days every two weeks. I hope the rest of the week goes well, my mom seems to think it hits me the most towards the end of the first week. We will see.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I am keeping you all in my prayers, for I can not do this without you! I am blessed with such a strong support system. You all inspire me to keep on. Thank you. shawndra

9 comments:

Laura said...

Cheering you on to get through the rest of the week feeling well. Sounds like you had a lovely break, I'm glad you got to "recharge the batteries". Sending some extra strength your way, stay positive.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Shawndra,
Beth Chu told me about your blog site. Just wanted you to know that we are checking in at times but think of you and your family often.
Steve, Amy, Lauren, and Mia Obermueller

P.S. Ella is absolutely ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family. Keep strong! Thoughts and prayers are with you all! Have a Great Day! Take Care and Be Careful!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Shawndra, Relay for Life is approaching, and I just wanted to let you know that I donated a luminaria to light the path in honor of you. Keep your spirit up, we are all praying for you!

Allison Hoffman
2H

Anonymous said...

Shawndra B....I feel like I say the same things over and over...stay strong, we are all thinking of you every day, keep fighting, we love you; cause its all true!

It was nice seeing your Mom and Dad, Andrea & Greg in Houston this weekend. We will miss them, but so glad they are coming home to be with you guys.

Love,

Mark & the Texas Montys

Anonymous said...

Shawndra
Sending "energy dust" your way! Praying for you and your family and that this week will turn out to be okay for you. Keep your spirits up! You are such in inspiration to us all!
Molly
KC, MO

Anonymous said...

Shawndra - You are a source of strength to so many others. Your story is so compelling and filled with the love in your heart. It seems like you are paying such a high price, yet you know the one who paid it all. We continue to pray for you and your family. Glad to hear that you had such a great weekend. Ella is a blessed little girl to have such wonderful parents.

hugs from Jean in Blue Springs

Amy said...

Hi Shawndra!
It was so good to read your blog tonight and catch up on how things are going for you. I pray for you and think of you daily! I can't wait for Greg and Andrea to be back in KC so all of us can hang out more often. See you this summer!
-Amy

Anonymous said...

Shawndra--thank you so much for your updates--we all think of you often and are praying for you! Jill