Friday, April 27, 2007

movie premier

I wanted to let you all know of another great fundraiser. Chris Ireland set this up to raise money for the Jennifer Ireland Foundation in honor of his wife. As many of you know, she had the same type of cancer I do. She is how I got my inspiration to start this blog. I encourage you all to go to this movie premier to honor Jen. The premier is on May 10th at the Tivoli theater. The tickets are $100 and include the movie, snacks, drinks before and after the movie and dinner after the movie. It will be like a red carpet premier. The name of the movie is "The Wind that Shakes the Barley". It won the 2006 Cannes film festival and got rave reviews in New York when it opened. Again the proceeds go to a great cause, The Jennifer Ireland Foundation, a tax deductible contribution. This money goes to people like Jennifer and I who have cancer. The money is for additional expenses such as childcare, medical bills, etc. This would be a great night out for those of you who haven't gotten out with your loved one lately! Or this could be a great event to meet people in Kansas City! As you can tell, I really encourage you all to attend this event, Chris and Jennifer's family are working extremely hard to make this a success. If you want more information, you can check out Jennifer Ireland's website, there is a link on the left of this screen.

On another note, I am doing well, still a little pain, fatigue and tingling. I had a great moment last night. Ella woke up crying around 9:45pm. I went to check on her and ended up holding her, rocking in her chair for the longest time. I was taking in that moment and cherishing it. I know down the road, she won't want to snuggle like that. I was fully in the moment and enjoyed every second of it! What a wonderful feeling!

I will try to get pictures up soon of Ella, we tried to get a clip of her riding a little bike but we couldn't get it on. So pictures will be coming soon! Everyone have a wonderful weekend! shawndra

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shawndra,
Thanks for the "plug" for my daughter, Jen's, Foundation fundraiser. It will be a wonderful evening out, knowing it's for a very worthy cause.
I love checking your blog and seeing your pix. I check it everyday, just like I do Jen's. I know your mom is as proud of you as I am of Jen. You and your family continue to be in my daily prayers. I hope you enjoy this wonderfully, sunny weekend we're supposed to have.
Take care,
Jan Velander

Anonymous said...

Shawndra,
Thank you, once again, for reminding all of us to appreciate the little things in life, like rocking our children to sleep. May we never be too "busy" for them! We are praying for you always--Kyle is a great intercessor and prays for you to "not be sick anymore." Sending prayers your way...
Tricia Vogel and Family

Anonymous said...

Shawndra~
Just checking your blog (daily) to see how your doing.....sounds like your enjoying the heck out of your sweet little girl! Hope you have a great weekend, and as always......keep your chin up. Your blog is definatley an inspiration to us all.

Take care,
Brigette Green

Laura said...

Mommy moments like that are the best, cherish them all because these kids grow up waaaaay too fast, LOL. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Laura :o)