Monday, November 24, 2008

Am I awake?

well- This first round back to chemo threw me for a loop. I thought it would be a breeze, since I didn't have a lot of the medicine accumulated in my body and I have been threw it all before but it didn't turn out that way. I was very, very tired for about 3-4 days. Thursday I went to get my pump off and I was so nauseous all morning, I didn't want to get out of bed to go. When I did finally get up, I threw up, so I ended up getting fluids and antinausea medication when I went to the cancer center. I thought I was doing a bit better Saturday morning and laid low with Ella. I was supposed to have a fun night out with some girlfriends. I only got to spend about 30 minutes with them before I had to go home because I felt so nauseous. I thought it was the chemo, but Doug didn't feel so good last night so maybe I got a quick bug on top of the chemo... who knows. Anyway, I am doing better today. I am actually awake and somewhat productive. The pile of papers on my desk that was oozing onto the kitchen cabinets has diminished significantly.
This week is a free week, free from chemo that is so I am happy about that. Of Course it is also Thanksgiving week as well, which is always one of my favorites! I was just looking at a Kohl's ad and actually thought it sounded fun to get up at 4am on Friday to do a bit of shopping. If you know me that is incredibly strange, I don't do mornings or shopping well at all. But it kind of sounds like an adventure.
We get to spend Thursday at my parents with family and friends then we will go down south of here to spend Saturday/Sunday with Doug's family for another thanksgiving. It will be fun. I am very much looking forward to it.
I am so Thankful to be here and to have you all in my life one way or another. Thank you! I have so much to be thankful for and i will definitely be basking in it this week. I am now thankful for water and showers, because I need one, and I need to do it now before I pick up Ella. have a great week everyone. I will talk to you all soon. Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe. Shawndra
PS. I don't think I said, but all my scans that I have had done recently come out pretty much clean, which I know isn't the case because of what my surgeon saw, but isn't that great, but in an apprehensive sort of way. hehe.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!!!

Hopefully the next round of chemo will go a little smoother!

Good to hear from you :)

Thoughts and Prayers~
Deb (LSMO)

Anonymous said...

Happy shower and happy Thanksgiving! ;)

Love, d

ps - Sorry I missed your call. I hope we can connect soon. xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Shawndra. Sorry to hear that you had a rough go of it with this round of chemo. I'm glad you're feeling better now and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day and weekend with family.

I had mentioned a while back that a very good friend of mine is battling brain cancer for the 2nd time. She has now done 7 rounds of chemo (Temador pill, 5 days on & 23 days off) and the nausea has been a battle most of the journey. But the last 2 rounds, she's went in for the anti-naseau infusions for 3 hours the first day of her chemo and then again 3 days later. It has made it so much more tolerable for her. And although it's an inconvenience since the infusion lasts 3 hours each time, it's well worth it for her because she's tolerating the chemo so much better. She just got the results of her 6 months after surgery/chemo MRI and there was no change since the one immediately after the tumor was removed. So that is really good.

I will keep you in my prayers as always and hope your next round of chemo is much more tolerable. Take care, Leisa

Sarah said...

Shawndra---I have been following you for a long time now--you are at the top of my fav's and I pray for you often. Hearing you talk about your faith affects all of us who see what you are going through. You are amazing! Keep up the fight and I pray that you feel Jesus carrying you through the tough times. My best friend who I went to Nursing school with is going through breast cancer at 38...http://marshagrossnickle.blogspot.com/
You ladies are strong and an example to the rest of us!!
Peace, Sarah RN in Raymore

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it was a rough round. Wishing you a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family and friends!

Anonymous said...

The reaction to the chemo, or the flu....either way it doesn't sound like much fun. So I'm glad to hear you are feeling better today. I am also happy to know you will get the week off from treatments, that way you can enjoy family and friends for the holiday. Try not to eat too much, and tell the family Happy Turkey Day from us.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Shawndra! Have a wonderful holiday.
Wendy..(always praying for you and your family)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your famiy and tell everyone hello.


Love, Marny

Amberchlopaz said...

Congratulations on the clean scans, and your week off to share in the abundant love of family and friends. Bless you, Shawndra.
:-) Joyce

Anonymous said...

Shawndra, That IS great news!! So glad you are feeling better. I have been checking for a post from you & was hoping that no news was good news but I'm sorry you were sick & thats why you didn't post.
BUT, its GREAT that its over now. The first one down, like the first of anything is usually the hardest. So happy you are feeling better for one of your favorite holidays. Sounds like it's jam packed of family & fun which is the very best part of these holiday seasons.
Be safe in your travels & relax & enjoy. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Vickie

Anonymous said...

Shawndra, That IS great news!! So glad you are feeling better. I have been checking for a post from you & was hoping that no news was good news but I'm sorry you were sick & thats why you didn't post.
BUT, its GREAT that its over now. The first one down, like the first of anything is usually the hardest. So happy you are feeling better for one of your favorite holidays. Sounds like it's jam packed of family & fun which is the very best part of these holiday seasons.
Be safe in your travels & relax & enjoy. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Vickie

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your next round of chemo isn't so rough!

Susan McRae

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

We are so thankful to have you apart of our lives. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! God Bless you all! Keep Believing!!!

The Mudge Family

Anonymous said...

Love you, Shawndra!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

HAVE A HAPPY TURKEY DAY TURNER FAMILY!!

HOPE YOU'RE FEELING WELL!

DEB (LSMO)