Monday, November 5, 2007

Prayer Warriors

Hey Everyone- This week is better than last week! I am feeling much more rested, not so fatigued. I am unfortunately having a lot of back pain, more so than usual. I don't know if I have a kidney infection or something but I am having to take more pain medication which doesn't always seem to be working, ugh! Otherwise I am doing well. I did a bit more shopping today to find the rest of my Oprah outfit. Thank you Kelly for helping me find the rest of my outfit! I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your fashion sense, hehe. I now only need to find a pair of boots and I will be set! You know, the new fashionable knee high boots. weeee!

On a serious note, I would appreciate everyone guiding their prayers to another woman with a young son who just moved to a new city and has gotten very sick. She is going to have a few tests done but is concerned that it may be cancer. They did feel an abdominal mass and again will be doing a few tests to figure out what is going on. Please pray hard for Naomi. I pray that the doctors are able to figure out what is causing her sickness and that it is something that can be easily treatable. She is alone in a new city, sick and scared. She found me through Jen's blog and contacted me. Naomi, I have a huge group of wonderful prayer warriors that will pray for you! We wish you the best tomorrow morning for one of your tests and then on November 13th for another test. Thank you, my dear friends, for extending your kindness and your faith to help Naomi and others who need us! As I told Naomi, I am glad she contacted me, I feel like my situation maybe helping others and there is a reason for my illness. Knowing that this reason is to help others makes it so much more bearable. As a nurse and nurse practitioner, I was all about helping others. Now that I am not working, I have lost some of that but thankfully through my site have been able to maybe help a few others and get my identity back as someone who cares for others and helps them. It's not just about me all the time. Just to clarify, I am not wanting anyone else to become ill by any means. I just want to help when I can!

I am going to bed early, this time change is hard, isn't it. It is about 9:30 and I am exhausted. Thanks prayer warriors for your help. Good night. Shawndra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

We will keep Naomi your friend in our prayers and your family. Have a wonderful time in Chicago at the Oprah Show. I hope your dream comes true to be able to be on the Oprah show to show awareness how cancer is effecting young men, women, and children.

The Mudge's

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Shawndra ((Hugs)))
I am getting ready now to leave for my upper GI this morning (I am glad they scheduled me early to get it over with as I am so nervous)
Again thank you for being there for me, you are in my prayers everday...you are really a strength and inspiration right now to me, as I dont know yet what I am facing....
God Bless you Shawndra!
Naomi

Anonymous said...

Happy to add Naomi to my prayers. Sending you both prayers and positive energy today and always.

Shawndra you are now a nurse of the mind, body and soul...calling us all to appreciate what we have or maybe don't have and that life is precious no matter what the situation may be. You inspire us all every day!

Take care Shawndra and Naomi~
Deb

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie (Shawndra's dear friend, occasional nanny, fellow RN & Turner household roommate),

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for Shawndra. I know that you make her happy and her life easier in countless ways.
I can not tell you what I would give to have the ability to be the kind of friend and supporter that you are to her and her family.
I love Shawndra with all of my heart, though it is very difficult to see a friend in need and feel so disconnected. I am only comforted by the fact that she has you. I wish her happiness, peace, love and comfort and I know that you are there, every day, to give all of those to her and her family.
Her family is the cake and you are the icing. On tough days, please remind her that she is loved by many and has touched even more.
I would do anything to take on her cancer myself and I am sure you would do the same. Stay strong for her and for all of us out here who can't be there to hug her and hold her hand when she needs a friend. Take care of our beautiful girl.

From the bottom of my heart, Angie, thank you and God Bless.

Anonymous said...

To the person who wrote the message above: Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy to be back in KC and in the Turner house. I am so lucky to call Shawndra my friend and to be a part of her life. I missed that while I was away! And of course I get to hang out with Ella and hear that great laugh. I hope that I am making things easier for Shawndra and Doug, because I truly have the best of this deal!! I know what you mean about taking on her cancer because I have had those same thoughts. I am so glad that she has found this great support system and has been able to change the lives of so many-including those who have listened to their bodies because of her story and have caught things that may not have been caught so soon otherwise! Saving lives...what a job! Gooooooo Shawndra!!!