Monday, April 7, 2008

The Big Dance

Well- I guess I am heading out today to go to San Antonio for the final game tonight. It is crazy I know. One of our family friends kept calling yesterday checking on me to see if I was alright and then talking about how she was going to find a way down there. I thought she was kidding at first but she was totally serious. So she is going to fly with me down there today and my mom and dad and her family will be there to pick us up. again, it is crazy! I hesitated a lot since I have barely made it to the grocery store without getting tired. But maybe this is what i need to get myself up and at 'em. It should be fun! I am very excited.
We had a good weekend, watched the game saturday night with my sister and her family and another couple! We spent a lot of time outside yesterday playing on the swingset. Ella loves to swing! SHe could do that all day long. I just wish she could do it on her own so I don't have to push her all day. I could just sit in a chair and watch her and enjoy the outdoors. It will come sometime I am sure. anyway, I am feeling pretty good, no pain, which is great!!! I did get sick again yesterday out of the blue, very strange, but just once, so no big deal! I hope you all are doing well. I am so glad it is atleast sunny right now, that helps as the sun beats in as I type. I have to get in the shower though and our bathroom is always cold. I turned a space heater on in there so I am waiting for it to get warm! NOw you know all my habits. I will let you all know how the final game in San Antonio goes. Cheer on KU!!!! I hope I am not a jinx. have a great monday. shawndra

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have an outstanding time and that KU kicks some booty!! Our thought will be with you for safe travel and one heck of a fun time!!

Phil and Kristal

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is awesome that you are going down to San Antonio for tonight's game!! I know my parents are having a ball and have seen yours, as well.
I'm sure I'll kick myself for not going, but that's life. I'm so glad you are grabbing life by the horns and making this trip. I have no doubt that your adrenaline will pep you up and get you through a wonderful night filled with Jayhawk spirit!!
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO SHAWNDRA!

Love, d

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the game Shawndra! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!! I will be screaming my heart out here for them!

I know a lot of people check your blog that also used to check Jennifer Ireland's blog and little boy by the name of Ethan Powell was listed on her site...sadly he has passed away. Please check his blog and keep Ethan's family in your prayers. www.ethanpowell.com

Thanks. God bless!

Cathy said...

U r my inspiration for the chemo wash surgery coming up at the end of this month for me! If I can bounce back 1/2 as good as u....I will be on cloud nine!! U also inspired me to start my blog page for friends and family.

Enjoy the game and many thanks!

Signed,
An AR fan of yours !!

Anonymous said...

Wow , well have fun=)
So happy to hear you are feeling better and sound more upbeat!
Well this final four didnt turn out for my team (Im a Michigan State Alum) so I'll be cheerin on KU in this game, as I am no Memphis fan, and we were stationed in KS for awhile, so I have some affilation...just a lil..Go Jayhawks!
Have a great time!
((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!!

I am soooo jealous!

Prayers for you from Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

I am so happy that you are able to go and Cheer on KU!!! Have a wonderful time! Our Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family!

Go KU!!!

The Mudge's

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you decided to go cheer on the Jayhawks (that must mean you are feeling good). I hope you have a great time and safe travels.
Miki

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you... Cheer them on and I think you will be their good luck charm instead of a jinx......
So there.

Anonymous said...

How exciting Shawndra!!! Have a great time at the game! Jon and Spencer are going to try to see you guys in the stands!!

Go KU!!!

Beth, Paul & the boys

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you got to go!!!!! I know you have always been a big fan. You must have been their good luck charm!

Love,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow - how cool was it to be there!? What a game! Your boys played great - it is not a fun day to be living in Memphis...wow...day of mourning. So happy that you decided to go to the game - I hope you weren't uncomfortable and really enjoyed yourself!! Love ya...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you took advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity! Not everyone gets that chance!!

Anonymous said...

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, GO KU!! We did it and you were there to witness it!! How exciting!! I'm so glad you got to go, jealous, but glad!! Love you and can't wait to see you and talk about it!! YEAH KANSAS!!!
Love you!
Dre

Anonymous said...

as i said on my likely jumbled vm...i believe that win was for you and the tears were rolling because i was so happy you were there for that amazing event.
i hope you have a ton of pictures and even more memories.

love you from the bottom of my jayhawk heart, d

ps - i heard your dad tried to take a pic of my parents on a river boat as they were shouting to you. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you were there to witness the nailbiting game....how fun it must have been. I get goosebumps just thinking about the energy there must have been at the game. I hope you post pics...I can't wait to see them. ROCK CHALK!!!!
your fellow KU fan,
Melody

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Talk about the game of the century!!! Wow. : ) So glad you got to go. I hope you are feeling great despite being exhausted! Rock Chalk Jayhawk... KU : ) Adriane

Anonymous said...

You were our, and KU's, good-luck charm!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Yeah!! :)

See ya when you get home.

Brandi

Anonymous said...

I bet you are so glad you went. What a game! Hope you are doing well! There are lots of happy Jayhawks here in Colorado. It is amazing how many of them you meet so far from Lawrence. There are two KU flags, besides ours, flying high on our street today. Take care and have a safe trip home!

Susan McRae

Anonymous said...

I am not a basketball fan, but I was so happy for you when Kansas won. With all you've gone through, this was a cool reward for you! I hope you were able to find strength to see the final basket!